Thursday, July 10, 2008

Things I love Thursday - gf crackers

Oh, the snack of choice for my little one. She loves her "cwackah". We have her on a wheat free diet because wheat seems to give her hive-like spots. I've found the easiest way to go wheat free is to just go gluten free. After some searching, I found some gluten free animal cookies that she loves - Mi-del Arrowroot Animal Cookies. They are similar to animal crackers. Obviously the taste is different but the texture is a bit different also. I bought them at our local health food store, but I have seen the Mi-del Gluten Free Ginger Snaps at Wal*mart.

Another gluten free cracker that she likes is Glutino Gluten Free crackers. They are similar in shape and taste to Ritz crackers. If it were me eating them, I'd really like them with cheese! In fact, I usually do give her cheese with these crackers, but she eats them separately.

If you have more gluten (or wheat) free cracker ideas, I would love to hear them! The crackers have to be pretty plain at this point since I'm feeding them to a 18-month-old who is picky. I've tried giving her some cheddar flavored rice crackers and she ate them, but kept shuddering as she was eating them.

Go over to The Diaper Diaries to find some other lovable products!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh, my friend is considering trying Gluten free. I am totally passing this on.