Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The boys are 2!

Yes, they've been 2 for a few weeks now, but I'm obviously not blogging very regularly. We celebrated on June 18th with a family party. Here are a couple pictures from their birthday party:

I ordered the big cookie from a lady here and she did a great job! I loved it - she even used the same colors in my "theme". I wanted to do an airplane birthday party, but had trouble finding an airplane cake. I tried to order an airplane cake from a lady that my sister knows, but she didn't do airplane cakes. Anyway, the big cookie was wonderful! And the boys could eat it by themselves and didn't make a huge mess.


In the past few weeks, I've noticed that E has become Mr. "I do it." He wants to do everything himself. E cracks me up all the time. He says the funniest things or imitates things. I love how he says "glasses" or "playset" because he has a little bit of a lisp.

I has become more of a mama's boy. I is also talking more. He is pointing out more things and saying what they are. E has been talking quite a bit, too, but I wasn't talking as much. I also loves to throw things. Anything. He especially loves to play catch. And swing. He spends a lot of time swinging outside.

N still has a very short attention span (unless she is playing on the xoom or watching TV). Not the best things for a 4 year old to do. She loves to read books. She also loves to help in the kitchen with baking. She also will play for short periods by herself in her room! In other news, N started waking up in the morning with a dry diaper, so she is now sleeping in her underwear. I know, so exciting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its crazy that they are 2! Where did the time go? and congrats on a diaperless child. That itself is exciting! Love the big cookie idea - much easier to cut and eat. E would get along with my E - or not. :-) we miss you all!

Makila said...

:)