Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The missing months

Yes, the van is fixed. It only took a few weeks, but obviously I haven't updated my blog since then.

My month(s) in summary:

September was busy. We went to visit K's parents over Labor Day and had a fun time! Now if I say we're going somewhere, Emma asks if it is a long drive (like her grandparents' house) or if it's a short drive. We did a Operation Christmas Child box for church and I was trying to explain that it would go to a child far, far away and she said "like Grandpa & Grandma's house?". I think we need a globe to explain that one.

At the end of September, we went on a trip to Estes Park, Colorado with our good friends (T, D, N (3 year old) & E (1 year old)) from Nebraska. Emma had fun with her BFF, N. This is not a great picture, but so cute!


Emma (L) and N

The kids took turns passing around sicknesses - that's what happens when you have 3 "babies" and 2 toddlers, I guess. The babies got it the worst with croup-like sickness. Actually, my friend, D, got it the worst with the stomach flu. Not fun! We took turns watching the kids...K and T went hiking one day and hiked up Hallett's Peak and Long's Peak. It was lots of walking! K and I went hiking one day, too. I should have spent more time preparing for that. I was huffing and puffing up the mountain! D and I went shopping one day, too. We took Emma and N for a little while and let them pick out shirts to buy. And a snack.


The fam at Bear's Lake - Samuel, K, Emma, me, Michael

We celebrated N's 3rd birthday while we were there and D's birthday, too, but I won't say how old she is! : ) We also went on lots of little hikes with the kids. We stayed at T's dad's house, so that was great! We could cook our own meals and do laundry and everything. It was lots of fun!

Hmmmm...October I don't really remember. Halloween was fun. It was basically Emma's first time and she really enjoyed it. Last year, it was super windy and the boys had runny noses. This year it was perfect weather. We went around the neighborhood with my sister-in-law and kids. They all had a blast!


Lion, Cinderella and Cow

November. I'm sure I'll forget something, but I'm skipping to Thanksgiving. K's parents came and his mom's sister came, too. We hosted Thanksgiving. K's brother, wife and kids live 5 minutes from our house, which is great! We ate lots of food...LOTS of yummy food. K and I also went Black Friday shopping since his parents were at our house. It was fun! We went to Tar-get. K waited in line while I shopped and it worked wonderfully (for me anyway). We also went to Men-ards. Totally crazy. But still fun. Both places "only" took about an hour to get through the line. We were going to stop for breakfast, but ended up only getting donuts at a gas station since we had a carpet remnant sticking out of the back of the van.

Speaking of carpet remnants....we got a "free" pool table the Monday before Thanksgiving. The actual table was free, but we ended up getting pad and carpet to go under it and we had it re-felted so it wasn't exactly free. But it is a nice pool table!

And here we are in December. K is going skiing this weekend with a co-worker friend. My parents are coming for the weekend. Yes, I'm a wimp. But they can also babysit for me when I go to our Life Group Christmas party. And they can help with all the questions (Emma) and getting into EVERYTHING (boys). And it's way more fun to cook for more than one person + kids.

I'm actually done Christmas shopping (early for me). I did a lot of shopping online this year. I'm not, however, done wrapping the gifts. Not even close.


4 comments:

Makila said...

:) You're not a wimp...you're smart. :) I wish I could be more help but we have a busy weekend with Christmas with Friends.

Chervenka5 said...

I was going to leave a simple comment, "No, you are not a wimp!" but it looks like Makila beat me to it. :)

Anonymous said...

glad to see an update... I was beginning to wonder if the mommie van was ever going to get fixed!

Unknown said...

I'm glad your life has been too busy to post. :) And yea for the trip to Estes. We need to start planning for the next one!

oh, and I send the kids away and I only have two. :)