Friday, April 1, 2011

Live blogging


I'm live blogging a cooking project with Emma. We got a fancy Xoom which is in need of a name. So I'm typing from the kitchen while waiting for the milk to "become" buttermilk. Now she is doing the sprinkles. And I'm sure I'm getting food on this thing. Pardon me, I need to open the sprinkles...there she's back at work. We're making filled cookies but I'm sure I did something wrong because there are supposed to be 30 cookies, but we will be lucky to get a dozen. I'm sure they will still be good, though - just large. Well, they smell good. Gotta go, Emma wants to play angry birds. :-)

Updated later: The cookies are yummy. They are chocolate cake cookies with vanilla frosting in the middle - like an oreo only better. They are very large and filling if you eat a whole one. I split one with Emma and she only finished 1/2 of her half. Next time we will use the right scoop (I later figured out that I grabbed the large scoop not the small cookie-sized one). You think I would notice that!

5 comments:

Makila said...

Delicious!

Ginny said...

You're back! Yippee!

Unknown said...

Chocolate is always a good choice. They froze well for me, you know, just in case you need to show some restraint.

annie said...

I had to come back and look at her outfit after you said something tonight. Love it! She is adorable :)

Julie said...

Denise -
I did end up freezing a bunch of them so I wouldn't eat them!