
Looks pretty comfy to me. We actually had to push her legs back through the crib pretty hard. They were wedged in there!
On a different note, Emma has also started saying "peeee-you" (or however you spell that) and waving her hand in front of her nose to refer to anytime I say something is stinky, yucky or poopy. She even says it sometimes when she poops. I hope this is a good sign for the potty training adventure. Speaking of...when did or would you suggest starting potty training? Some of the ladies at the place I used to work said the ideal time is between 20 and 24 months. So that's what I have in my head. Which is only a few short months away. I don't know if I'm ready! Oh, and one more question - if you think that I should train her when she's ready - how do you know when she's ready?!! Thanks for your words of wisdom!
On a different note, Emma has also started saying "peeee-you" (or however you spell that) and waving her hand in front of her nose to refer to anytime I say something is stinky, yucky or poopy. She even says it sometimes when she poops. I hope this is a good sign for the potty training adventure. Speaking of...when did or would you suggest starting potty training? Some of the ladies at the place I used to work said the ideal time is between 20 and 24 months. So that's what I have in my head. Which is only a few short months away. I don't know if I'm ready! Oh, and one more question - if you think that I should train her when she's ready - how do you know when she's ready?!! Thanks for your words of wisdom!





4 comments:
Love this picture! Cute.
My little one got his leg wedged in pretty good awhile back. He was crying and crying. After a while (it was during nap time) I realized the crying was going on longer than normal... turns out that he was wedged and in pain. :( It totally panicked me... especially when I couldn't get his leg back through. Super mom strength kicked in and I'm sure I bent the wood slats sideways to get his leg pushed back through. If Emma didn't scream when you were doing it, you were very lucky!
Oops... on the potty training note, we got a little toddler potty from walmart a month or so ago and have been working little at a time (at least before this bout of sickness started a couple weeks ago). Tornado likes to sit on it and a few times has actually pottied in the potty. His "treat" is that he gets to flush his potty down the adult potty. Pretty exciting. :) He's 18 months now. I'll probably start working more heavily in a couple months, but not because I don't think he's ready... I just don't have time and energy right now. :)
Blessings!
Ok, first of all, that is such a cute picture! Those chubby little legs stuck in between the crib rails is too cute for words.
As far as the potty training, I waited until my son was close to 2 years old to try. We found the naked thing to work best. The pullups did not work at all. I know they sell those cool sensation pullups now so that may be a better option.
My daughter was trained at 18 months, but she was really verbal and trying to keep up with her brother. I don't know how to tell they are ready other than just seeing if they show an interest in it when you bring the little potty out. My daughter loved it and wanted to go on it so that is how I knew that it would be a good idea to really try to work with her on it. I'd say give it a try now and see how it goes. Girls are pretty easy to train (usually).
Post a Comment