Thursday, August 28, 2008

MOPS rocks!

I've got MOPS on the brain so I might as well write about it. If you haven't heard of MOPS before, then stick around and I'll tell you. If you know what it is then skip this part... MOPS stands for Mothers of Pre Schoolers. I happen to be in a group that meets at the church I go to. But any mom of a preschooler can join! We meet twice a month for 2.4 hours and eat, talk and meet new friends. Each mom is in a group of 8 to 10 moms that sit together each meeting. Sometimes we do a craft, sometimes we have a speaker, sometimes we just hang out.

For me, MOPS is a sanity saver. I need adult time. It's a chance for me to meet with other moms while Emma goes to the nursery. There's always a good reminder for me that what we are doing as we raise our kids is hard work, but it's well worth it.

This (school) year, I'm on the steering (planning) team for my MOPS group. I'm the finance person - which means I take everyone's money and run, I mean, give it to the church office so they can deposit it...plus a few other jobs. But the best part of being on steering is that I get to see some wonderful moms working together as a team to make each MOPS meeting great.

No comments: