
Emma is the one on the left. The other girl I will call Olivia. We are friends with her parents. I guess you could say Emma & Olivia are friends, too. We were watching Olivia last night while her parents went out for supper.
As those two have grown up together so far, it's been interesting how different their journeys have been. Olivia started moving much sooner than Emma (much to my dismay). I figured there must be something "wrong" with Emma since she couldn't crawl yet at 9 or even 10 months.
It's funny how much I was comparing these two as they developed. And how each one developed at her own speed! And how each one has her own strengths. Olivia is still better at physical stuff - she can climb up on stuff, run and play catch (all things that Emma is still working on). Emma can say more words than Olivia. But who's comparing?! I'm just saying that they are still developing at their own speed! But if you'd tried to tell me that a year ago I probably wouldn't have believed you. Why does it take me so long to learn these things?!





1 comment:
It really doens't end there. I find that I compare what Sweet Pea is doing compared to what Tornado was doing at her age. Of course I know each child is different... I'm not worried, just find the differences interesting. All this to say, when you have another, you'll probably compare them too. :) It's natural... I just rejoice in the uniqueness God has created in each of my children! :)
Post a Comment